- Currently Open!
- Send submissions to Conbook@furtherconfusion.org
- Final deadline: December 14, 2022
Any submissions to the Further Confusion
2022 2023 Conbook must be received to our inbox no later than the deadline above.
- Extensions will be on a case-by-case basis at the con’s discretion; contact us ASAP if you think you may need more time!
Illustrations, short fiction, articles, poems, and advertisements are all welcome!
All submissions should fit the overall mission of Further Confusion by featuring primarily therianthropic or anthropomorphic characters.
Submissions are also encouraged to fit the current
20222023 theme of “The Millenium” OR “a year 2000/Y2K” theme.
We also welcome submissions with a focus on San Jose, furry conventions in general, or focused on our community as a whole.
Submissions may not contain explicit sex or violence and should limit rough language; in short, suitable for teen audiences and older.
Artwork may be black and white, grayscale, or four-color in CMYK format.
Not every submission will be published, in part because available page space is limited. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org before sending submissions to make appropriate arrangements for transferring large files (>10MB).
Text submissions should not exceed five pages in length; as a rule of thumb, a page averages roughly 5,000 characters.
Illustrations and advertisements should be roughly one of the sizes listed below. We reserve the right to adjust sizing to accommodate page margins if needed.
|Size||Safety Area||Trim||Bleed||Ad Rate†|
|Full Page||7 1/2" wide|
|8 1/2" wide|
|8 3/4" wide|
11 1/4" tall
|Half Page||7 1/2" wide|
4 7/8" tall
|Quarter Page||3 5/8" wide|
4 7/8" tall
- The amount of a page space used by the advertisement.
- Safety Area
- The area within which all critical information must appear, such as text and important image elements. Text should never be too close to the edge of a submission, including artist signatures!
- The actual size of the page.
- The required size for artwork that is intended to extend all the way to the edge of the page. If art that extends to the edge of the page does not allow for a bleed, the art may need to be altered as needed to include a bleed (most commonly: placed on a white background).
- Ad rate
- The fee an advertiser must pay to place an advertisement in the program book, unless another arrangement, such as a trade, is made with Further Confusion.
File Submissions and Formats
Please name all submitted files clearly and distinctly so they are easy to identify.
Certain types of files are better suited than others for high-end print publishing. PDF, PNG, JPG, and AI/EPS (for vector images) are the most common formats we receive.
Please export Photoshop files to one of the mentioned formats above.
Images should be 300dpi CMYK, not RGB. Be sure to flatten multi-layered images before sending them.
For story submissions:
Word documents (.doc/.docx) or RTF text is fine.
To present a uniform look and feel, all text submissions will be laid out using the conbook’s template for that year.
Aside from advertisements, no other layout will be used for text submissions.
Poetry may demand specific spacing and line wraps; the published layout will adhere to these specifics as closely as possible.
- Advertisements combining text and images in full-fledged graphic design should be submitted as PDF files, provided they have been checked thoroughly for font or color problems.
Any other questions?
If your question has not been answered by the above information, please feel free to contact email@example.com.