FurCon Annual Picnic
We have news! Mark your calendar
SATURDAY, October 14th, 2023
11am — 4pm
The Furcon annual Picnic is a Go!
We are happy to announce the annual Further Confusion Picnic! As always, the Further Confusion picnic is FREE and open to everyone! Food and beverages will be provided. We would love it if you could stop by and meet the staff and other members of the community!
- : SATURDAY, October 14th, 2023
- 11am — 4pm
- : Lake Chabot Park
- How to get there:
- 17600 Lake Chabot Rd in Castro Valley, CA
- We have reserved the COVE Picnic Area
- Lake Chabot Fees:
- Parking: $5/vehicle, $4/trailer, $25/bus.
- Dog fee: $2/dog/day.
- Other services and fees: see website.
FurCon provides the following
- Burgers, Hot dogs, Buns, Condiments, and Charcoal (Fire danger permitting)
- In case of heightened fire danger a selection of catered sandwiches (some vegetarian) will be provided in lieu of grilling.
- Individually packaged snacks.
- Individually packaged soft drinks and water.
- Please do not bring items to share. Food will be provided.
- FurCon will only be providing non-alcoholic drinks.
- Anyone bringing alcohol will bear the responsibility of keeping it out of underage hands.
- Absolutely no alcohol may be sold by anyone.
No Drones: New Park Rule. Drones are not permitted in the park.
We are in the processes of getting a photography permit for the group photo.
With the US covid public health emergency having expired on May 11, 2023, and the change in the availability of federally-funded COVID‑19 tests and vaccinations has led the Further Confusion leadership team to decide that it is no longer feasible to require vaccinations or testing to attend our events.
We are still committed to prioritizing the health and safety of all attendees and staff. We strongly encourage everyone to continue to wear masks as approprate, keep your vaccinations up tp date, and stay home if you are feeling unwell.
Please note that our COVID‑19 policy is subject to change based on evolving circumstances and public health guidance. We will communicate any updates or revisions to the policy through our official channels.
By attending the event, you acknowledge and accept the inherent risks associated with public gatherings. We appreciate your understanding, cooperation, and commitment to keeping our community safe.
Fursuiting is allowed, and encouraged! A changing area will be provided.
Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times.
Please clean up any pet waste!
If in fursuit, please be cautious around children and bring a handler if wandering away from the picnic area.
Please deposit garbage and cans/bottles in properly labelled trash and recycling receptacles. We’ll bring extra bags and boxes to toss cans in.
Further Confusion is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
Please do not bring weapons or other dangerous items to the park.
Please refrain from throwing flammable, toxic, and non-edible items on or in the grills (even when not in use).
For the courtesy of our guests, please refrain from smoking in the Picnic site.
Be responsible, be safe, and have fun!
If you have any questions about the Picnic, shoot an email to email@example.com