Postponement Registration FAQ
With the convention no longer taking place on as scheduled, there are understandably some questions how your registration is handled.
- What does it mean my reg is automatically rolled over?
- All registrations will be treated as registrations for the next Further Confusion event. If you’re currently registered and considering attending the next convention, there’s nothing you need to do.
- The convention is canceled, I don’t need my registration!
- The convention is no longer taking place as scheduled, January 13 - 17, 2022. We are exploring options with our venues for future dates. As things are constantly changing, we highly suggest waiting a few days for further news to be announced before deciding on next steps. Perhaps the new days will work and you’ll find yourself registering all over again.
- I still want to cancel my registration.
- Sorry to hear, but we totally understand. Please email email@example.com with your legal name and confirmation number and the how you’d like to handle the cancellation.
- Should I still request a rollover?
- It depends on whether you’re interested in attending Further Confusion, should it happen sometime later in 2022. Otherwise, if you request a rollover, you will be able to register for FC2023.
- I already requested a rollover, what now?
- You received a coupon code that is valid until the end of January 2023, and may be used to register for a Further Confusion event before then. If you’re interested in attending the next Further Confusion event, whether in 2022 or 2023, re-register using that coupon code.
- Can I upgrade a Supporting/Non-Attending reg so I can attend the next convention?
- You can self-service upgrade using your RegFox account. Look for your registration confirmation email, and look for “Access my account” at the bottom to sign in. Alternatively, you may access it here: https://furcon.account.webconnex.com/login. Create an account and log in using your billing email address.
- I donated my reg, can I still attend?
- Absolutely, we’ll be happy for you to join us, but unfortunately you will need to re-register as your previous registration was canceled.
- I want to help out the con!
- Your help is greatly appreciated, and there are multiple ways to go about this. You can do so financially by accessing your RegFox account to manage your registration, selecting your reg for this year, and choosing an amount for “Additional Donation to support the convention”. Volunteering for the convention would also help, and you can find more info on the Volunteer page.
- I’m a sponsor and I still want my swag shipped
- We can definitely do that, but you’ll need to be a registered sponsor for the current FurCon event. If you registration was canceled, you won’t receive swag. Note that we will also be holding onto swag until the next physical convention. Stay tuned for more details.
If there are questions left unanswered, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much for bearing with us. We hope to see you again soon, in person, and safely.
Measures Against COVID-19
IMPORTANT! To comply with local and federal authorities, and to protect attendees of the event, all attendees are required to comply by the Further Confusion COVID-19 policy. Those who do not comply will be denied registration and will not be permitted access to any spaces controlled by the convention, including those that would otherwise be publicly accessible.
- Fully vaccinated as per Vaccination Requirements from our COVID-19 Policy
- NOTE: final injection no later than two weeks before attending
- Wear a mask
Full text of the policy to comply with is at the Further Confusion COVID-19 policy. If there are any questions or concerns about the documentation you plan to provide, you may email email@example.com. If you’re unable to attend for whatever reason, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org to roll forward your registration to next year.
San Jose Convention Center
Welcome, all! We’re excited to announce more details soon for our 20th Anniversary Convention. Additionally, we’ve upgraded our Sponsor and Super-Sponsor gifts, now including a special brunch for Sponsors and Super-Sponsors!
As always, weekend memberships include five full convention days (Thursday, January 13, 2022 - Monday, January 17, 2022), access to panels, fursuiting events, the Dealer’s Room and Art Show, all evening dances and performance events, and lots of fun in the Bay Area sun!
Further Confusion is a not-for-profit event, put on by volunteers. Your registration makes our event possible, and earlier registrations help us plan ahead. Thank you for supporting FurCon!
In addition to weekend memberships, day passes will be available through our online registration portal starting at 08:00am on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Attendees may purchase a same day pass online from their mobile device or by using one of our kiosk laptops at At-Con Registration. A photo ID will be required to pick up your badge.
- Friday 1/14: $35
- Saturday 1/15: $40
- Sunday 1/16: $35
Do I need an ID to pick up my membership?
Yes, in order to be issued membership to the convention all attendees of all levels must present a valid, current photo ID, preferably one that is government issued and states both identity and age of the attendee. Examples of valid identification include a state issued driver license, military ID, or passports.
Only government issued IDs will be accepted as proof of age. A non-government issued ID (such as a student ID) may be accepted as proof of identity, but will not be accepted as proof of age. Regardless of apparent age, memberships picked up with non-government issued IDs will be issued as minor badges which have certain access restrictions. (Please see “Minors and Minor Badges” for details.)
Any attendee who cannot or will not show proof of identity will not be issued a membership. Membership fees will not be refunded in such situations. (Please see “Are Memberships Refundable?”)
What forms of payment do you accept?
For online registration Further Confusion accepts payment with a debit or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express). For at-con registration, we accept cash, debit cards, and credit cards. (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express).
Can I mail in my registration?
No, Further Confusion no longer accepts mail-in registration.
I can’t remember if I pre-registered or not, how can I find out?
Additionally, if you have already registered by Sunday, January 9th, 2022, then you have pre-registered. All registrations after the convention starts on Thursday, January 13th, 2022 are not considered pre-registrations.
Can I change my badge content or upgrade my membership?
Yes! Use the “Access my account” link in your confirmation email to edit your badge names (or any other details that may have changed), or upgrade to a Sponsor or Super-Sponsor membership by paying the difference in cost. Email email@example.com if you need assistance with editing any registration information.
Are memberships refundable?
No, memberships to Further Confusion are not refundable, however they are transferable another attendee, and can also be rolled over to the next year. To transfer a membership to another person (or defer it to the following year), please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you get everything lined up.
Can memberships be denied/revoked?
Though we work to ensure that all interested individuals may join us, FurCon reserves the right to deny or revoke memberships for any reason including but not limited to safety concerns and Code of Conduct violations. In the rare case that a membership needs to be revoked, we will pursue all available channels of communication to avoid surprises or misunderstandings.
Minors and Minor Badges
For attendees between the aged 13 to 17, Further Confusion offers badges which allow access to all features of the the convention except those which are noted as being for mature audiences only. Such features include but are not limited to some programming panels and some sections of the Art Show. Dealers are also required to restrict access to mature materials in the dealer’s room to attendees possessing minor badges.
Minors aged 13 and 14 may attend Further Confusion as full members but must be supervised by a parent or legal guardian who is also a member of the convention. The parent or legal guardian must sign a Parental Consent form at Registration/Pre-registration pickup, however that form does not need to notarized.
Minors between the aged 15 to 17 may attend Further Confusion unsupervised, however they are required to provide a signed and notarized Parental Permission form (above) and must have a valid ID. (See the ID section of this FAQ) Any unsupervised minor attempting to register or pick up their membership at the convention without a signed and notarized Parental Permission form will be turned away. Further Confusion can not and will not accept parental permission offered via phone or email.
For any additional question regarding attending Further Confusion as a minor, please email email@example.com.
Can I bring my children?
Yes, Further Confusion is an all-ages event and you may bring your children. It is important to note, however, that while we accept members of all ages, FurCon is not specifically geared toward children. Children aged 12 and under may attend for free and will be issued a KiT (Kid in Tow) badge, but must be accompanied by a registered legal guardian at all times. Additionally, KiTs are subject to all the same restrictions as those possessing Minor Badges. Parental Permission forms for all Kids in Tow must be filled out by parents/legal guardians, however notarization is not required.
For any additional question regarding attending Further Confusion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.